EY Risk Advisory Consultant in Ireland
Title: Risk Advisory Consultant
Job Number: IRE001CX
EY’s Risk Advisory practice is an integral part of our Advisory Services business. The Advisory Services business is a fast-growing division within EY, a dynamic group focused on providing high value, independent and trusted advice to clients.
The key to our success is in helping these clients solve difficult business issues via integrating a range of skills set areas from risk and internal controls optimisation, process transformation, IT, people and organisational change, supply chain and programme advisory.
We are seeking a risk professional to join our Risk Advisory team. We are looking for a consummate team player with excellent professional skills, knowledge of the leading practice processes and the development and optimisation of governance, risk management and internal controls. We would like someone looking to develop their career. As this is a growing service line, where a candidate performs well, there will be significant opportunities for progression.
Working in our Risk practice, you will have the opportunity to work with clients to provide practical risk management, internal controls and process improvement solutions, gaining valuable experience in a variety of clients.
You will work within different sized, multi-disciplinary teams and play a key role in ensuring high quality outputs and service to our clients. The role involves developing knowledge and implementing new solutions in order to meet the ever changing needs of our clients
We are currently recruiting in our Dublin or Cork offices.
• To work as key part of a team delivering controls advisory and internal audit projects, having the ability to led teams and manage junior members of staff.
• Ability to interact with all levels of management, including C suite management.
• Acts as a team player; helps others on the team at all levels.
• Contribute as an effective team member and, under supervision, take accountability for deliverables.
Core Personal Competencies
· Able to establish personal credibility with clients; is professional in conduct and demonstrates expertise.
· A track record of delivering internal controls and internal audit projects or reviews that meets or exceeds expectations, offers real insight to client’s (internal and external) on their business and adds real value to business performance
· Finds logical or innovative solutions to complex or unusual problems.
· Plans and coordinates own workload and that of other team members, meeting deadlines, quality and risk objectives, taking appropriate action to address issues as they arise.
· Continuously builds and masters key technical, functional and professional skills.
· Encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing that impact performance of team members.
Prerequisite Skills / Experience
Strong experience of internal audit / internal control, in both financial and operational processes.
Good appreciation of a business benefits of internal control and good risk management and not just for compliance purposes (i.e. not limited to SOX).
An ability to utilise core risk and controls skills in a broad range of projects both in a traditional internal audit and in advisory projects aimed at assisting in the implementation of controls / improvements.
An understanding of Project Management.
Professional, quickly establishes personal credibility and demonstrates expertise.
• Primary Degree (2.1) or above, from a leading university or equivalent
• There are no specific professional qualifications required, but is expected that candidates will have suitable professional qualification, e.g. Qualified Accountant – ACA, CIMA or ACCA, or IIA
· Experience working in Big 4, global management consultancy firm or Blue Chip organization (both major foreign and Irish multinational) with an appropriate internal audit or consulting background.
· Strong experience of internal audit / internal control, in both financial and operational processes.
Particularly interested in people with experience in the following sectors:
Power & Utilities
Technology, Communications & Entertainment
Other sectors of interest include: Industrial Products or Government & Public Sector
EY is an equal opportunities employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.