Aon Corporation Scrum Master in Ireland
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
ACIA is leading the development of cloud-based analytics capability for Aon. With a diverse portfolio of projects on the horizon, and a sizeable production estate supporting an already successful business, we are in a critical growth phase and need the best minds in industry to help advance our journey. We now have a permanent position become available for a Scrum Master within our ACIA department.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understand that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
About the role
- Execute on Scrum Ceremonies impeccably while adapting them to meet organisation needs and team needs appropriately.
- Coach Scrum Teams to collaborate effectively and organise their work successfully to ensure they make realistic commitments and create reliable product increments.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to provide a vision to the team that describes where the product or Service is headed.
- Support the product owner in making product decisions, nurture great product owner behaviour and tackle PO anti-patterns.
This position reports to the Agile Transformation Group Lead and is a level 7 on the ACIA Career Framework.
- Deeply knowledgeable in agile principles and practices
- A facilitator by nature who ensures meetings are concise and engaging for all and have a clear outcome and purpose.
- Capable of coaching teams to take ownership of their process, task wall and environment.
- An evangelist of the power of self-organizing autonomous team units.
- Comfortable as a daily coach and periodical advisor.
- Capable of recognising team conflict at an early stage and able to apply different activities to resolve it.
- Confident in mobilising a team towards a common goal, setting clear and realistic expectations and coaching the Product Owner to garner buy-in from stakeholders.
- Eager to collaborate with developers and wider business on delivery of analytics solutions.
- Someone with exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to interact at all levels within a global and diverse organisation
- Comfortable and composed working in a high-pressure environment to meet deadlines
- Self-driven, resourceful with ability to prioritise and work independently or in groups
- Focused on attention to detail and accuracy with strong analytic/diagnostic skills
- Demonstrate flexibility within your role
- Strong customer management / service ethos
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Technology Product or Service Delivery.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Agile Certification (CSM, PSM) desirable.
- Advanced Knowledge of at least one complimentary Agile practice Kanban or Lean Startup.
- Working knowledge of Scaled Agile Frameworks(SAFEe, LeSS) as well as waterfall frameworks(PRINCE2 or PMP).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.