EY Senior Manager - Global Reporting - COE in Ireland
Title: Senior Manager - Global Reporting - COE
Job Number: IRE001O3
Senior Manager – Global Reporting Centre of Excellence
EY gives you access to global opportunities in a challenging, rewarding and dynamic environment. Wherever your aspirations lie, if you have the drive and determination to help our clients succeed you'll find the scope and support to realise your professional and personal ambitions. Working alongside talented professionals from a wide range of backgrounds, you'll be part of a culture that's results-focused, collaborative and inspirational. Together, we make a difference to our clients and the communities in which we live and work.
Why Global Reporting Centre of Excellence?
The Global Reporting Centre of Excellence (COE) engages with EY’s largest global audit clients, providing innovative solutions to global statutory reporting. The COE is based from our Dublin office and operates at a truly global level. Through ground-breaking technology tools, the COE drives disruption in the management of global statutory audits, provides business insights into our clients’ performance, and partners with our clients, as they move to world class statutory reporting structures.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen to join this fast-growing service line within EY. The Senior Manager role works with a number of EY’s largest and most complex global audit clients, and acts as the primary owner of COE relationships with client leadership and primary audit teams. It is a role which requires strong inter-personal skills, high levels of exceptional client communication and engagement, and a disruptive entrepreneurial spirit. As Senior Manager within the COE, you will be responsible for fostering and developing exceptional client experience, identifying opportunities to extend our provision of services, and playing a leadership role in the team. Our people operate with considerable autonomy, while having the full support of the firm to draw upon when needed.
Day to day activity in this role
· Using COE technology and processes, provide insight to primary audit teams and to clients regarding the progress and quality of the statutory audit process, assist in resolution of issues, all requiring excellent communication and presentation skills
· Understand client operations and organization to ensure that the COE service delivery model is aligned
· Manage teams and actively coach and develop team members
· Responsible for managing a portfolio of some of EY leading international clients.
· Responsible for overall management of the client economics on your client portfolio.
· Demonstrate the value of the COE’s work, by ensuring teams are providing exceptional client service.
· Lead through example and help colleagues understand the broader picture of technical, ethical and financial needs, underpinning the success of the COE.
· Act as part of the COE senior management team in setting and driving strategic discussions with key stakeholders and account scope expansion.
What do we look for?
· Strong inter-personal skills and executive presence, matched with an ability to communicate at a senior leadership level
· Ability to foster, maintain and grow client relationships.
· Exceptional entrepreneurial spirit.
· Qualified Accountant - e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
· Minimum of 8 years relevant experience
· Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards & US GAAP.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Strong understanding of multi-national group and statutory audit.
· If you progressed to Manager / Senior Manager level in Big 4 practice and are currently in that role or have spent a couple of years in industry since, then this is a great opportunity to return to Big 4 for something different
Ernst & Young, an equal opportunities employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.