Ericsson Technical Writer in Ireland
*Current & Next Generation Solutions – PDU NAM *
PDU NAM product development team is responsible for the development of the core software for Ericsson Network Manager (ENM). The PDU NAM Customer Product Information (CPI) team is responsible for the technical documentation and online help content for this product.
Job Description Under minimal supervision, the candidate is required to:
- Create and update existing documentation including installation and upgrade guides, user guides, SDKs, APIs and online help
- Create standard documentation templates based on existing corporate standards
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and scrum teams to gather required information for technical documentation.
- Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team
- Maintain an understanding of best practices, current technologies, trends, and business strategies.
- Organize content-based initiatives among global team members in Europe, India, and North America while remaining sensitive to differences stemming from culture, policy, and politics.
- Coordinate document reviews with the appropriate development and test teams
- Manage and close documentation bugs in a timely manner.
- Serve as the gatekeeper for any content coming into the system:
- Works collaboratively with the content development managers, writers, and editors to inform and refine the content model to support customer and product requirements.
- Defines guidelines for organizing and labeling topics, defines the appropriate level of content chunking, and oversees content contributions to ensure consistent structure.
- Defines and administers a clear submission process to encourage writers to improve the CPI.
- Proven Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in technical writing, preferably within the software sector
- Experience authoring and managing technical software documentation
- Experience working in a continuous deployment and Agile environment where content needs to be updated regularly and rapidly
- Proven Expertise in developing structured and reusable content using DITA and XML
- Ability to foster and maintain communication with subject matter experts and collaborate with content strategists and development teams to effectively collate content matter.
- Knowledge of agile, project management, version control systems (including Git), scripting, confluence, JIRA and user interface design experience are a plus
- Relevant Degree in related field
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Athlone || R&D;
Req ID: 202411