Ericsson Lead Python Developer in Athlone, Ireland
In Ericsson we have been finding ways to communicate for over a century. We are committed to enabling new means of communication through our innovation and creativity. We are passionate about our responsibility to innovate not just for gain but Technology for Good; from mobile communications to education for all.
The applications we build in our software campus in Athlone make it possible for billions of people to communicate with each other, surf the web and engage with social media on their smart devices every day. Ensuring that everyone has the best possible experience is important to us and we, #TeamEricsson, take that seriously. We develop software that manages mobile networks all over the world. We care about software quality, because the world is always on. We thrive on finding the most effective solutions to the challenges that an always on world demands.
Do you enjoy finding innovative solutions in software? Then Ericsson Athlone is the place for you. You will develop solutions, applying the most exciting technologies available today. From 5G mobile networks and cloud computing to artificial intelligence and machine learning; you will be a valued member of #TeamEricsson working together to bring out the best in you and your team.
With over 50 nationalities on campus, diversity is our strength. Your role will involve working in an Agile team of software developers, You will help build tools and network management applications deployed on cloud environments. Do you demonstrate:
- Strong Python skills and other languages
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Strong debugging and problem analysis skills
- Development of tools to assist with product install, configuration, performance, upgrade and monitoring
- Integration of tools and test code into Jenkins-based continuous integration loop
- Analysis of product –ilities (availability, recoverability, upgradability, etc.)
- Technical analysis of products to identify test scenarios, best practices, tools and requirements
- Excellent written & oral English language proficiency
- An ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and development practices
- A record of continuous learning?
- Comfort with frequent deadlines – we continually deploy production software to our customers every 3 weeks?
- A track record of hands-on development experience, including troubleshooting and an imaginative approach to problem-solving?
- A capability to perform in a team-setting – working with others and leading them brings the best out in you?
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in software or electronic engineering?
Knowledge of and experience with the following are desirable:
Python 2.7 (good bash scripting is a plus)
- Agile/Kanban development with continuous integration (Jenkins, Nexus, etc.)
- UNIX tools (bash, grep, awk, sed, etc.)
- Web Technologies (JS, HTTP, REST, etc.)
- Linux (preferably Red Hat and/or derivative distributions)
- Java 7 or 8 SE (EE is a plus)
- Git (including gerrit)
- IP Networking (IPv4 & IPv6)
The successful candidate should have a BSc degree or comparable experience.
Apply now to join our talented *#TeamEricsson *today.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || No Selection || Athlone || R&D;
Req ID: 214685