Symantec Lead Site Reliability Engineer - Norton eBusiness in Blanchardstown, Ireland
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
Are you looking for a job that can help make the world a safer place? Come work at Symantec! Symantec is a proven Fortune 500 leader in cyber-security, innovation and technology.
Our award-winning Norton security products protect hundreds of millions of people around the world.
The Norton Site Reliability Engineering Team is a global team that supports mission critical high transaction cloud based eCommerce applications. The group is responsible for providing engineering operations infrastructure support for our production systems. This involves developing software and tools to enable the continuous delivery of our applications, build and maintain comprehensive monitoring tools, and work to analyze technical requirements and develop appropriate solutions. We are currently seeking a Lead Site Reliability Engineer with the experience outlined below to join our team
• Help develop and maintain our Continuous Integration practice and environments for Norton Engineering.
• Work with multiple development teams to deploy code, maintain and enhance infrastructure.
• Develop and maintain auto-scaling monitoring and performance analysis tools in a large-scale dynamic environment.
• Start and lead technical troubleshooting sessions
• Provide technical insight on development projects
• Assist with capacity planning
• Assist with creation and tuning of monitoring tools
• Communicate regularly with globally dispersed teams
• Build relationships with external teams, and resources
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university. Masters preferred.
• 8+ Years’ Experience as a Site Reliability Engineer, Software Engineer and/or Developer working on complex customer-facing applications and services
• Experience designing, implementing, and running applications in public Cloud Environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
• Operational Automation and CI/CD experience (Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Chef, GIT)
• Expertise in UNIX / Linux Operating Systems
• Development experience with Java, Python, Bash, Yaml
• Strong experience with Public (AWS, Google) and Private (Openstack, VMWare) Cloud technologies
• Experience with server and application monitoring tools (Nagios, Splunk, NewRelic, Sensu, Graphite, LogStash, etc)
• Clear understanding of software development lifecycle
• Solid Networking experience; CCNA certification preferred
• Demonstrated ability to understand complex network architecture (Firewall, Load Balancer, DNS, Routing, Switching)
• Understanding of Client/server/database architecture
• Able to articulate strong stance for product quality and customer satisfaction, balancing business goals and commitments with quality objectives
• Proven track record of delivery and commitment to customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work effectively in globally distributed team structure
• Be able to isolate defects effectively and provide specific conditions for reproducibility
• Familiar with agile software development lifecycle including source control systems (e.g; Perforce, Git), ticketing systems (e.g; JIRA) and managed workflows is a plus.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Symantec, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact HR Service Exchange at https://symantec.service-now.com/hrp/ .
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to find out more.