Ingersoll Rand Customer Quality Leader in Connaught, Ireland
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The SBU Customer Quality Leader is primarily responsible for addressing quality matters to ensure Customer Satisfaction. This position will manage and improve the flow of information regarding quality performance and customer impact, serve as the interface between the customer or its representatives and the manufacturing facilities and be the voice of the customer within the organization to drive a quality culture and more effective resolution of quality problems.
- Work directly with cross functional teams to ensure customer complaint resolution including analysis for root cause and identification of corrective action plan for improvement are communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
- Execute customer quality surveys (including visits), establishing metrics and management reporting processes to track early warning of new issues for continuous quality improvement
- Execute the customer qualification process when requested and/or required
- Support planning and successful execution of on-site customer visits
- Coordinate containment and corrective and preventive actions in conjunction with all related functional groups and provide feedback to customer as required (close loop feedback)
- Implement, review, and improve quality system procedures which support Ingersoll Rand’s strategic initiative to improve the customer experience and produce Delighted Customers.
- Coach sales, service- and plant personnel on quality principles and best practices associated with Customer Satisfaction Management.
- Establish partnerships with key stakeholders (internally and externally) to influence others without direct authority Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Professional certification (CPM, APICS, Six Sigma, CQM, PE, etc.) is preferred
- 8 years of experience in quality or quality engineering in a design, engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience in quality management, operations, lean manufacturing processes and visual management.
- Proficient in contemporary QC and QA tools such as QMS, AQP, Six Sigma, SPC, PPAP, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, mentor, team player and builder
- Collaborative and Participative management style
- “Doing the right thing” mind set and attitude
- Ability to travel up to 50% (domestic and international) Key Competencies:
- Customer advocate; Must have a strong customer service orientation and be a proactive change agent
- Possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team oriented environment, interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate; be flexible, decisive, proficient at conflict resolution, and proactive problem solver.
- Ability to identify with internal and external customers including define and describe the impact of internal customers on external customers and develop methods for engaging internal customers to improve products, process and services.
- Ability to use various tools and techniques to identify and prioritize customer needs and expectations, monitor priorities to resolve conflicting customer requirements and demands, and develop methods for managing capacity and resources to meet the needs of multiple customers.
- Must be proficient in information technology systems utilized in Quality Management Systems
- Apply and understand quality models and theories, basic statistical techniques, problem solving and prevention, project management and planning tools, process management and improvement tools, lean methodology and visual management
- In-depth knowledge of quality systems including alignment to the Enterprise’s broader mission.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Connaught-Ireland
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Mar 2, 2018, 6:40:31 AM