Ingersoll Rand Senior Quality Engineer in Connaught, Ireland
Sr. Quality Engineer- (1707872)
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Sr. Quality Engineer will influence business bottom line results by leading, delivering and reporting Advanced Product Quality Planning activities for new product development programs and changes .The responsibility includes all quality related aspects of production readiness , risk assessments, launches, validation, product transfers and management of change and controlled hand over to the manufacturing plant ensuring product quality and customer satisfaction by leading multifunctional groups utilizing visual management (key leading indicators and performance metrics) for APQP effectiveness.
Position Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as core team member on NPD (New Product Development). Train and mentor less experienced group members on responsibilities, procedures, and processes.
- Develop and ensure that program goals including quality and reliability are met in compliance with specifications and standard work.
- Lead APQP and PPAP activities for internal and intra-company supplied parts including Component Risk Assessments, DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, and Process Validation, interact with Supplier Development Engineers for purchased components
- Develop APQP plans for NPD programs; ensure resources are obtained as required
- Identify gaps and create closure plan for quality and reliability targets
- Utilize various tools to evaluate the effectiveness of APQP including Gemba, management reviews, internal audits, feedback from internal and external customers, warranty data, and traceability, etc.
- Lead teams/projects related to compliant investigation, CAPA (especially systems root cause and corrective action), cost reduction, and quality system excellence.
- Review, challenge and simplify existing, develop, and apply quality driven test systems and procedures to assure products meet intended use and customer expectations.
Competencies and Success Factors:
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation and applied knowledge in increasing customer satisfaction.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and motivate associates and to interact with various departments throughout the organization
- Team oriented proactive change agent with a hands-on, collaborative approach in implementing and maintaining operating disciplines while leveraging lean methodologies
- New Product Development and Management of Change (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA ) applying Quality At the Source and poke-yoke methodologies
- Problem solving techniques, process improvement tools, statistical and sampling techniques, SPC, process capability, traceability, control points
- Project management and planning tools, measuring and monitoring of project activities and project documentation.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline, Professional certification (Six Sigma, CQE, PE, etc.) is beneficial.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality or quality engineering in a manufacturing environment that has embraced lean concepts, QMS manufacturing practices, and progressive customer relationships.
- Experience in quality management, operations, lean manufacturing processes and visual management.
- Ability to travel up to 15% (domesticand international)
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Connaught-Ireland
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 2, 2017, 10:59:39 AM