Expeditors Warehousing & Distribution Coordinator in Cork, Ireland
Scope of Position:
To manage co-ordination of both the distribution and warehouse activities for assigned customer accounts. This position requires excellent communication and organisational skills and a professional approach to dealing with our customers on a day-to-day basis. A forklift Licence and previous experience within a warehouse environment are an advantage.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
● Co–ordination & completion of customer picks, receipts and deliveries. This involves communication with customer, transport companies and other internal departments.
● Ensure POD log for assigned accounts are kept up-to-date.
● Troubleshoot any problems with assigned customer accounts and follow through to resolution (seek support of Customer Service Supervisor or Warehousing, Distribution & Logistics Manager as required).
● Manager the inventory control within the warehouse facility. Ensure all records are up-to-date and correctly completed and logged.
● Produce metrics and reports for assigned customers as required – daily/monthly.
● Propose and develop methods to improve customer service and productivity.
● Become proficient in all aspects of the Customer Service role and undertake cross training on all distribution accounts.
● Undertake new accounts, in line with business development, as directed by the Customer Service Supervisor.
● Ensure all end-of-month billing is completed in full and on time for designated accounts.
● Complete the tactical day to day operations for the efficient and effective running of the Distribution and Warehousing functions.
Minimum 2 years experience of working in a customer service environment within the Distribution area
Eexcellent communication and organisational skills
Proven Customer service skills & experience
A forklift Licence and previous experience within a warehouse environment are an advantage.
PC literate is a must
Expeditors offers excellent benefits and exceptional career opportunities.