Google Business Intelligence and Analytics Analyst in Dublin, Ireland
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. As part of the Finance Business Intelligence team, you will use data to inform business and product decisions across the company. Using your technical skills, business acumen and creativity, you will build tools to automate reporting and generate insight that will allow clients to quickly and accurately see how our key business products and processes are performing. Previous experience managing finance systems projects, with emphasis on providing business intelligence and data driven insight through reporting, will have equipped you well for this role. You’ll be involved in projects from inception to delivery, ensuring that your reporting delivers high-quality and relevant data to intelligently grow our business. You will also have extensive knowledge of key financial systems, such as Oracle and Hyperion, and experience working with a range of other business intelligence tools and platforms.
As a Business Intelligence and Analytics Analyst, you will work with high-performing teams across Finance including Financial Operations, Accounting, Tax and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A;), along with key cross-functional Engineering partners to play a core role providing analytical, technical and reporting solutions in support of Google’s key business functions.
You are a self-starter with a good knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and approaches. You will work with the business in understanding their evolving requirements and with Engineering to deliver practical but innovative solutions of real business benefit. You also have the personal skills, creativity and drive to build your own prototype solutions and to provide training and guidance to team members and partners.
The name Google came from ""googol,"" a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Work closely with Finance Management and their teams to understand their information needs, ensuring that BI solutions are an excellent fit for their evolving needs, and help to develop their related skills capabilities.
- Manage, drive and deliver multiple BI work-streams, both on an ongoing and adhoc basis.
- Work with Engineering partners to help shape and drive the development of Google’s BI infrastructure including data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms.
- Contribute to the development of the BI team’s tools, skills, culture and impact for Finance and for Google.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with databases, including SQL coding across standard commercial databases (e.g. Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, etc).
- Experience with data and related data analytics.
- Experience in R, SPSS, Python, MATLAB or similar statistics tools.
- Experience with analytic methodologies such as regression, classification, prediction, machine learning and neural networks.
- Consulting and team leadership/management experience.
- Knowledge of commercial and emerging reporting tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, D3).
- Passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information and insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.