ViaSat, Inc. Data Transformation Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
Data Transformation Software Engineer
ViaSat Ireland is one of the country’s most innovative, interesting and exciting technology companies. Based in Dublin city centre's Silicon Docks, beside Trinity College, Merrion Square, Government Buildings and quality transport hubs, we build scalable mobile apps and enterprise software for airlines. ViaSat Ireland is part of a fast-growing, global brand, which designs and launches satellites, delivering quality connectivity to people in the most challenging places - including at 30,000 feet!
We're growing exponentially, creating an immediate requirement for the best people, and significant opportunities for career growth. We work hard to exceed our clients' expectations, but we also like to have fun and make every team member feel valued. We offer an amazing benefits package, flexible start and finish times, an inclusive company culture, the opportunity for worldwide travel and a proactive corporate social responsibility policy that embraces diversity and personal growth. Sound like a good fit for you?
What we need:
We need a ‘passionate about code and quality’ software engineer who has delivered complex enterprise applications on the JVM. This role requires knowledge and commercial usage of XML technologies including XPath, XSLT and large XML data transformation pipelines.
You will be joining a cross-functional agile team delivering new features and enhancements to one or more of our products: http://www.arconics.com/arconics-apps-product-suite/
You will be working alongside talented product managers, software engineers and UX / interface designers. You will be mentoring and training the more junior members of your team and will be contributing at the highest level to our software’s design and architecture. You will be responsible for writing automated tests, coding, software configuration and writing documentation. You will help facilitate and improve our Agile process
Key Responsibilities Are:
Our software is primarily built on the JVM and exposes rich RESTful APIs that are consumed by our native mobile clients, our single page web apps and airlines. The backend technologies include: Spring-Boot and much of the Spring stack interacting with datastores like MySQL, MongoDB, Redis and Elasticsearch. We build, automate and deploy with Gradle, Gulp, Ansible, Docker. We have supporting tools written in Python, Bash and Groovy.
• Enterprise application development on the Spring stack
• Working within your favorite IDE: IntelliJ
• Taking ownership and extending our document data transformation pipelines
• Writing XProc pipelines with XSLT
• Writing supporting software in Groovy, Java or Kotlin
• Testing automation with Groovy
• Contributing to our shared devops culture by improving our CI/CD pipelines
• Opportunities to work on full-stack (native & backend) development
What you need:
• A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field or equivalent practical hands on experience
• 5 years professional experience in a related job using an Agile software lifecycle including TDD, pair programming, short release cycles
• Commercial experience with XSLT
• Relentless optimism in the face of disturbingly complex document formats
• Experience with at least one automation focused scripting language
• Experience with writing Gradle build scripts and automated tests
• Deployment and configuration management tools like Docker, Ansible
• Knowledge or understanding of structured document processing
• Docbook, DITA or similar industry standard document formats
What We Offer:
A competitive compensation package which includes healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, pension contribution, fitness reimbursement and much more.
A dynamic work environment with smart colleagues
A high degree of autonomy, flexibility and trust
ViaSat is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.