Citi FRSS Tax Information Reporting - US Reconciliation and Reporting in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18006252
The Finance Risk Operations TIR unit in Dublin has primary responsibility for the documentation validation process for the Global and Direct Custody businesses. Utilising a third party vendor application as well as internal Citi systems, the unit makes decisions that impact the future taxation and onward reporting of client’s income.
Tax regulation has changed significantly in the past few years and from this the requirements to validate tax documentation prior to account opening have increased in both volume and complexity.
The unit provides support to our GC and DC clients as well as the Implementations and Client Exec teams. Client calls to discuss requirements are not uncommon.
Responsible for in-scope processes related to one or multiple Citi lines of business within the centralized Tax Information Reporting function in FRSS. This position supports the reduction/elimination of Citi's franchise and regulatory risk through accurate and timely reporting and enhanced due diligence on customer accounts. The incumbent will support Citi businesses and is expected to develop and enhance their product knowledge within a short timeframe. In addition, the incumbent may be expected to do training and job shadowing, building documentation such as procedures and process flows, and identifying gaps in the process based on IRS regulations.
This position will work in a team-oriented environment.
• Working closely with the US Tax Information Reporting Team to ensure Income, Non Resident Alien (NRA), allocations are reconciled on a monthly basis and REIT reclassifications are completed in a timely manner
• Assist with the annual completion of the 1042-s Regulatory Reporting, including detailed reconciliations with upstream agents’ reportable income on monthly basis. Assistance will be required for numerous Citi entities.
• Updating and maintaining operational procedures relating to Tax Information reporting
• Execute functions from the Tax Information Reporting process tree including, but not limited to, tax form validation, withholding, information reporting, legal entity maintenance, and governance
• Develop best practices and implement appropriate procedures and controls to ensure consistent compliance with Information Reporting, FATCA, and/or CRS requirements
• First point of contact for queries relating to above and escalating to senior team members when required
• Identify and participate in process re-engineering and re-design activities to achieve better controls, compliance, and efficiencies
• Contribute towards departmental requirement to adhere to strict regulatory and compliance requirements per tax authority and Citi policy
Will be part of developing landscape supporting a growing organization and providing best in class service to our businesses and clients.
Time management/prioritization skills will be enhanced due to the nature of the role and its challenges.
Insight into multiple businesses within a large institution.
• Practical experience within the operations tax/asset servicing industry
• Familiarity with securities operations and workflows (Back-Office and Middle-Office) along with Knowledge of the supported/related business areas (Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Settlements, Reconciliation).
• Experience of compiling data, defining, documenting control requirements and detailed procedures.
• Basic understanding of U.S. tax information reporting rules applicable to U.S. Persons and non-U.S. Persons
• Basic understanding and working knowledge of IRS Forms W-9 and W-8 and their associated requirements; Forms 1098, 1099 series, and 1042-S
• Well versed in standard desktop technology with advanced Excel skills. Visio and Access experience preferred
• Experience in an operations Tax/asset servicing environment.
• Ability to interact confidently with other divisions, at all levels
• Proactive and questioning nature
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
Good standard of high school education
Practical experience in an operations environment
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to facilitate discussions
• Ability to interact professionally with senior people both in operations and the front office
• Quickly grasp and master new requirements and related knowledge
• Manage tight deadlines or unexpected requirement changes
• Team player in both solid line and matrix reporting organizations
• Willingness to ask questions, challenge the process and seek out answers
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, take ownership and drive parts of the project
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add values to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer