Google Network Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
You encourage safe and efficient network operations by leading project teams that maintain and improve network operations. You propose projects that increase network reliability and analyze network technologies that assess implications for Google.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Collaborate with other team members and groups to identify and develop scalable network designs, solutions, and policy recommendations.
- Ensure continued smooth operation of the global network infrastructure.
- Support Google's internal application groups by identifying and presenting their network-impacting requirements to the rest of the Network Engineering team.
- Support and lead implementation of Google's growing network infrastructure.
- Participate in the rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the team. Provide third-tier support and solve complex networking issues.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches. Experience with networking technologies.
- Experience with a service provider or enterprise-level network in engineering or design roles.
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems administration including solid scripting skills in Shell, Perl, or Python.
- Network certifications such as CCNP/CCIE/JNCIS/JNCIE or equivalent training or practical experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, GRE, IPSec, POS, PPP, VRRP, HSRP, and SNMP protocols.
- Effective network routing protocol troubleshooting skills in BGP, OSPF, ISIS, and MPLS.
- Effective written and oral communications skills, with the ability to influence others.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.