Google Senior Accountant, Payments in Dublin, Ireland
The Finance Operations team manages Google's cash transactions on a global basis and ensures that Google's incoming and outgoing cash processes are controlled, effective and efficient. As a member of this team, you'll find innovative ways to manage our complex set of transactions. You thrive on making processes more efficient and scalable, you work to ensure the highest level of quality of our operations and you proactively minimize operational risk. Externally, you collaborate with our outsourcing partners and internally, you collaborate across the five areas of the Financial Operations team: Global Revenue Operations, Procure to Pay, Electronic Payment Services, Business Process Outsourcing, and Payroll.
As the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the delivery of a global process within financial operations. You will collaborate with our external outsourcing partners and empower them to lead, innovate and drive operational improvements within the process. You will support multiple Google products that we service and you will partner across Finance, external business partners and a range of cross-functional teams including Tax, Legal, Treasury, Accounting, Risk, Product Management and Engineering.
As a member of the team, you'll find innovative ways to manage our complex set of transactions. You thrive on making processes more efficient and scalable, you work to ensure the highest level of quality of our operations and you proactively minimize operational risk.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage the operations for a global financial process.
- Partner with key stakeholders, engineering and vendors to improve complex global financial processes, perform effective escalation management and provide long term, sustainable solutions.
- Provide customer feedback analysis, troubleshooting and error resolution to prevent inaccuracies, reduce process latency and drive process excellence.
- Provide performance reporting and analysis to senior management.
- Devise, implement and oversee operational controls in line with the growing complexity of the Google business.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Accounting or Operations or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in SQL and/or programming.
- SAP experience.
- Relevant operations management experience in global operations, solution design and project management.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and to lead and drive complex operational initiatives globally.
- Exceptional aptitude for numbers, process optimization and enterprise applications.
- Superior analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with seasoned management.
- Strong influencing skills and change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities and projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.