Citi Senior Custody Lawyer in Dublin, Ireland
Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Legal
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18013278
Lead lawyer for the EMEA Global Custody businesses.
• The EMEA Legal Division is a critical part of the Citi organisation.
• Global Custody provides asset safekeeping, asset servicing and settlement services to over 100 markets.
Core Services are:
• Settlement, reporting activities and record keeping.
• Safekeeping – asset protection, asset reporting and controls of clients` investments.
• Asset servicing –notification, control, instruction process and reporting for corporate actions. Proxy voting services.
• Cash and FX.
• Network and Network management – due diligence and ongoing reviews of each local sub-custodian provider.
• Reporting to Legal and Business Management on material legal and regulatory risks relating to the Global Custody business
• Managing the Global Custody Legal team, based in Belfast
• Managing and advising on the negotiation of documentation with key clients
• Advising on EMEA related product development and initiatives
• Advising on custodial FX related issues
• Advising on regulatory initiatives, relating to Client Asset regulations, GDPR, CSDR
• Advising on strategic initiatives, such as the manner in which the market will evolve post BREXIT
This is a key senior role within the Dublin/Belfast Legal team. It requires experience of the financial services industry (not specifically Global Custody) – with support and training being provided by Citi, as required. The role requires strong regulatory acumen and leadership/management skills, both of lawyers and business management.
• Experience as an in house lawyer preferable
• Private practice with strong product knowledge will be considered
• Business-minded intelligence
• Ideally someone who has already managed people
• Excellent technical skills (including drafting skills), and analytical ability.
• Strong business judgement and commercial awareness.
• Collegiality and versatility
• Team and leadership skills
The successful candidate will be educated to degree standard and will have obtained an appropriate legal qualification. In addition, the candidate should be experienced in the financial services industry (law and regulation).
• Ability to prioritise and adapt to meet commercial objectives in a dynamic business environment.
• Good communication skills (both written and oral).
• Ability to work collaboratively with others (across different functions and locations) and to proactively take individual responsibility for projects.
• Planning and organisational skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Credible in front of senior management.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer