Google Student Research Collaboration in Dublin, Ireland
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: London, UK; Dublin, Ireland
Research in machine intelligence has already impacted user-facing services across Google, including Search, Maps and Google Now. Google's Research and Machine Intelligence teams are actively pursuing the next generation of intelligent systems for application with even more Google products. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest techniques in Machine Learning (including Deep Learning approaches like Google Brain) and Natural Language Understanding.
We do research differently here at Google. Research Scientists aren't cloistered in the lab, but instead work closely with Software Engineers to discover, invent and build at the largest scale. Ideas may come from internal projects as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world. From creating experiments and prototyping implementations, to designing new architectures, Research Scientists and Software Engineers work on challenges in machine perception, data mining, machine learning, and natural language understanding. In this role, you'll stay connected to your research roots by actively contributing to the wider research community, partnering with universities and publishing papers.
There is always more information out there and Research and Machine Intelligence teams have a never-ending quest to find it and to make it accessible. We're constantly refining our signature search engine to provide better results, and developing offerings like Google Voice Search and Google Image Search to make it faster and more engaging. We're providing users around the world with great search results every day, but at Google, great just isn't good enough. We're just getting started.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications.
- Develop solutions for real world, large-scale problems.
- Must be currently enrolled in a BS, MS or PhD degree program in Computer Science, or a related technical field. Must be returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- Experience (classroom or work related) in Natural Language Understanding, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Science, Data Mining and/or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence).
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including: C/C++, Java, MATLAB or Python.
- Contribution to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers (being listed as author) at conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc.
- Relevant work experience, including full-time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab.
- Demonstrated publication record, with four or more publications at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Ability to design and execute on a research agenda.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.