Google Technical Operations Manager, Corporate Engineering in Dublin, Ireland
Technical Support for a technology company is a big task. As a Technical Operations Manager within the IT Support Technician team, your mission is to enable the people and technology that keep Google running. This team provides the front line user support for all of our internal tools and technologies. Beyond the day-to-day, the team will contribute to longer-term technical projects, process improvement and the documentation efforts that help make the Google magic happen.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google Engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Inspire, grow, and develop talent while providing vision and setting direction for the team; lead effectively through outcomes rather than tasks.
- Collaborate well with partner teams to achieve shared objectives, provide strategic insight and lead continuous improvement efforts in customer service and operations.
- Drive results by tracking key operational metrics, identifying process improvement opportunities and delivering on strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the design and operation of various cloud-based services, systems and applications.
- Lead hiring and career development for a team of intelligent, ambitious professionals across a variety of technical disciplines.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing a team of Engineering and/or Technical Operations Professionals, leading critical systems and operations for a distributed organization.
- Technical experience as an individual contributor.
- Experience designing, developing or troubleshooting Linux, OS X, Windows, networking, mobile, video conferencing and/or voice technologies.
- Experience building teams, as well as hiring, and developing talented and motivated people.
- Experience identifying opportunities to improve team efficiency and effectiveness through automation.
- Experience leading people through change, while maintaining the ability to adjust to rapidly changing technology and make decisions with limited information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage across multiple, time-sensitive initiatives.
- Effective organizational, communication, leadership and customer service skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.