Danaher Corporation Technical Support Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing first class technical support to internal and direct customers using leading-edge digital pathology products as part of the Customer Support team. This exciting and dynamic position will involve providing technical expertise to all areas of the business including QA, Development & Sales, Distributors as well as communicating directly with customers.
* Field customer (internal and direct) support requests for hardware platforms, perform problem determination, and escalate issues as required according to standard operating procedures * Provide guidance on spare parts, diagnosing and repair or instructional requirements as part of installation, break-fix, maintenance, troubleshooting and use of Leica products. * Troubleshoot Windows networking issues at customer sites. * Track open customer issues, communicate status to customers, follow up with customers to verify solutions are successful. * Proactively contact customers to ensure they are pleased. * Provide direct support to field sales team for technical aspects (Network/hardware/operating system/ hardware specification and configuration) of tender submission and sales proposals * Interface with R&D to develop and test solutions and new versions of products * Assist product management in developing and prioritizing enhancement lists for products by communicating repetitive customer issues and relaying customer experiences. * Develop internal documentation and Standard Operating Procedures with respect to deployment and troubleshooting of hardware solutions * Other duties as required
- Higher level qualification (degree or higher) in engineering or equivalent education and experience
- Life Sciences background considered an asset
- Demonstrated technical capability in hardware: the ability to learn, understand, and apply how systems are configured. Be able to troubleshoot and isolate hardware problems.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills with a positive customer-centric attitude
- Demonstrable planning and organisational skills
- Experience working as part of a team and on your own
- 3 years experience providing technical support for systems with hardware
- Experience in providing solutions to customers
- Experience working in a regulated environment considered an asset
- Experience training others would be considered an asset
- Networking knowledge and software application knowledge would be considered an asset
- Ideally experience working with customers of different nationalities
Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To Apply: Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
For consideration, please complete the on-line application and submit your resume.
Leica Biosystems pays salaries commensurate with market value, and provides exceptional benefits.
Leica Biosystems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Disability, Vet, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity. Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Ireland-Leinster-Dublin
Req ID: PAT000434