Microsemi Corporation Maintenance Technican in Ennis, Ireland
Scope of position:
Join a team of dynamic technicians involved in equipment maintenance both scheduled and in breakdown mode. Assist production operations to achieve throughputs and support relevant engineering requirements. Functions will include electro-mechanical maintenance, Automatic equipment setups, equipment repairs, and preventive maintenance. You will also be required to perform equipment modification projects, facilities maintenance, with strong emphasis on electrical electronic test systems, mechanical issues with a supporting role on machine electrical systems i.e. sensors, motor controllers, heaters, dryers and pneumatics, PLC's and automation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on all equipment and maintain documentation records.
- Responsible for quality electronic and mechanical repairs and provision of electrical support to all Microsemi production equipment.
- Take responsibility for product changeovers on different types of semiconductor automatic test, handling and branding equipment etc to ensure minimum downtime.
- Ensure critical spares are maintained where necessary.
- Proactively identify and remedy equipment when necessary to ensure appropriate yields and throughputs are achieved. Liaise with production and engineering on major problems.
- Perform electronic repairs on automatic testers and handlers.
- Maintenance and up keep of Automatic Test/Component Handling Equipment.
- Contribute to the smooth running of production at all times and liaise with Production personnel with respect to their requirements.
- Assist in the purchase, installation and commissioning of new plant and equipment.
- Perform basic maintenance on facilities issues as required.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards (5S) inall areas.
- Perform all duties in accordance with current safety regulations.
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or required from time to time.
Requirements / Essential Skills / Attributes
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as an equipment/machine maintenance technician, in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Certificate or Diploma in an electronic related field.
- Excellent communications skills in both written and verbal English.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft product suite is desirable.
- Excellent PC Skills including MS Word and Excel especially MS Office and excel
- Good flexible approach to work
- The ability to work independently as required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled