Microsemi Corporation Manufacturing Engineer in Ennis, Ireland
Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting to: Director Operations Engineering
Qualification: Electronics or Manufacturing Engineering degree. Equivalent qualifications will be considered depending upon course content.
Scope of position:
Through part requirement analysis, definition, and selection, ensure product is correctly processed through screening and sampling operations as required by governing bodies and internal requirements.
Create and maintain Process and Product definition with associated process controls and automation initiatives ensuring continuous operational and business improvement.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for analysis and performance improvement of key metrics for assigned processes and/or products.
- Support day to day production queries/processes to ensure quality product ships to the customers on time.
- Ensure internal documentation complies with the governing standards, is up to date and reflects current practice.
- Hold an understanding of reliability theory, its principles and application to Microsemi products and processes.
- Perform in depth and root cause analysis for specific product/process issues.
- Consult with international Microsemi Divisions and test equipment suppliers to ensure best practices in the use of test and screening equipment.
- Understand and implement Microsemi Irelands' Quality Manual and related in-house -procedures as they apply to assigned processes and new products.
- Understand Government Specifications as they apply to assigned product and processes.
- Implement Lean, Six Sigma, SPC and support continuous improvement programmes, particularly in the identification and implementation of automation/cost saving initiatives.
- Support in-house training programmes as required.
- Ensure effective and professional communication with Microsemi divisions, customers and vendors.
- Guide and drive on-site equipment appraisal initiatives for process standardisation, quality improvement, and H&S developments where identified.
- Understand HTRB and Burn-in screening principles, our products and processes to ensure compliance and maximum yield.
- Study and retain product knowledge that defines part types and their families.
- Create and update internal product and process documents, in accordance with product requirements
- Support Tactical Marketing, Planning and Engineering departments for new and existing product queries. Determine alternative product selection where required.
- Understand DC and AC test principles, our products, related equipment and processes to ensure compliance and maximum yield.
- Take on other engineering duties as required and assigned.
Requirements / Essential Skills / Attributes
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering
- Strong electronic and mechanical fundamentals aptitude, with good hands on approach.
- Demonstrable ability to learn and retain product details
- Robust communications skills, fluent English is essential, with strong writing, editing, clarity and negotiation skills.
- Must have a strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and demonstration of logic.
- Strong, demonstrable project management skills with an ability to respond/adapt to change.
- Successful candidates will have the ability to work in collaboration with others on a project team and independently on tasks.
- Good PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- Electronic degree is preferable
- Work experience, co-operative or otherwise, in a manufacturing environment. Preferably in a component manufacturing, medical device or other highly regulated environment.
- User knowledge of LabVIEW, Minitab, JMP, Python, SolidWorks and AUTOCAD software packages is an advantage.
- Experience in equipment appraisal towards CE compliance is an advantage.
- Knowledge of DLA and/or ISO standards is an advantage.
- Qualifications in, or previous exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, DOE, DMAICs, SPC or FMEAs an advantage.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled