IBM Performance Specialist in MULHUDDART, Ireland
Watson Health – Performance Specialist
Ready to change healthcare? IBM Watson Health uses Cognitive Computing to tackle some of healthcare’s most challenging problems. Our objective is to deliver world class analytics and cognitive insights as part of innovative health and human services solutions.
The Watson Health Government Health & Human Services (GovHHS) Solutions group is headquartered in Dublin. Our mission is to develop features and services based on AI technologies for the entire portfolio of Watson GovHHS products. We are a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, architects, designers, product managers, and data scientists, and work very closely with IBM Research to bring novel features and technologies all the way from research into production.
We currently have a number of vacancies for Performance Specialists on our GovHHS Analytics project based in Dublin. This green-field project involves designing and developing cloud-native services providing AI capabilities using Watson technologies for GovHHS Analytics products. We are recruiting across a number of roles, including experienced Performance Specialists and Performance Architect. This is a great opportunity to join us for this period of growth.
• Work in a multidisciplinary team using agile approaches
• Work with business analysts and product architects to review requirements and identify areas of risks to the performance of the product.
• Review architectures and detailed designs to ensure risks are considered and are mitigated.
• Communicate risks and mitigation plans to management and architects.
• Build performance models and projections from architecture and designs to increase confidence the solution being built will work.
• Lead development testing of performance risky areas to get early feedback and update the performance models.
• Provide inputs to the performance & scalability testing team, including requirements, risks, models and measurements from development testing.
• Contribute to root cause analysis of performance problems, covering product and process, to support continuous improvement of our teams and organisation.
• Educate and mentor developers on performance best practices and anti-patterns.
• Champion software performance in the Product Development organisation.
• Work with and communicate across the wider development team and management
• Bachelor's Degree (Master’s Degree preferred)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development, with strong Java/J2EE and SQL skills
• Understanding of performance, scalability and load
• Experience diagnosing and solving complex technical issues
• Experience reviewing architectures and detailed designs
• Experience building simple models to explain or project expected software behaviour
• Evidence of an analytical approach and experience correlating data from many system components
• Experience using code profilers and analysing profiling snapshots
• Knowledge of application server and database middleware, including tuning
• Fluent English. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including techniques to persuade and negotiate and the ability to articulate alternative approaches
• Exceptional attention to detail
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
• Experience building software detailed designs.
• Strong understanding of software performance laws and queueing theory.
• Familiarity with load testing tools such as JMeter, Rational Performance Tester and LoadRunner.
• Familiarity with IBM middleware (IBM HTTP Server, Websphere Application Server, DB2…)
• Cloud computing performance experience a plus
• Experience working on customer support cases (Level 3).
• Candidates must be eligible to apply for a job in Ireland.
*Please note that this is an internal only position and limits candidates to current IBMers of the same employing legal entity as the posted position
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please refer to Job Description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Please refer to Job Description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.