IBM Security Specialist in MULHUDDART, Ireland
Watson Health – Security Specialist
Ready to change healthcare? IBM Watson Health uses Cognitive Computing to tackle some of healthcare’s most challenging problems. Our objective is to deliver world class analytics and cognitive insights as part of innovative health and human services solutions.
The Watson Health Government Health & Human Services (GovHHS) Solutions group is headquartered in Dublin. Our mission is to develop features and services based on AI technologies for the entire portfolio of Watson GovHHS products. We are a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, architects, designers, product managers, and data scientists, and work very closely with IBM Research to bring novel features and technologies all the way from research into production.
We currently have a number of vacancies for Security Specialists on our GovHHS Analytics project based in Dublin. This green-field project involves designing and developing cloud-native services providing AI capabilities using Watson technologies for GovHHS Analytics products. We are recruiting across a number of roles, including Security Architect, System Security Specialists and Application Security Specialists. Security Specialists will work with the development teams to promote secure engineering practices and support building and delivering secure, compliant software. This is a great opportunity to join us for this period of growth.
• Work in a multidisciplinary team using agile approaches
• Contribute to the full SDLC by being active through requirements, architecture, design, development, testing and customer support.
• Review architectures and detailed designs to ensure risks are considered and are mitigated.
• Communicate risks and mitigation plans to management and architects.
• Work with business analysts and product architects to review requirements and identify areas of risks to the security of the product.
• Responsible for threat modelling, code scanning and working with external penetration testers.
• Educate and mentor developers on security best practices, IBM secure engineering guidelines and security anti-patterns.
• Work with compliance team and security review boards to ensure product meets all necessary security compliance requirements
• Lead the investigation, diagnosis and solution of customer support issues related to security and PSIRT issues
• Champion software security in the Product Development organisation.
• Work with and communicate across the wider development team and management
• Bachelor's Degree (Master’s Degree preferred)
• 3-5 years’ experience in security engineering or 10 years’ in software development
• Background in software development, with strong cloud technologies experience
• Experience with data encryption technologies and products
• An awareness of penetration testing methods and technologies
• Implementation experience of authentication and single sign-on solutions
• Knowledge of Cloud Security Strategies, especially on SoftLayer/IBM Cloud
• Understanding of security event monitoring approaches
• Ability to complete product risk assessments
• Deep knowledge of industry security best practices
• Experience diagnosing and solving complex technical issues
• Understanding of software engineering and testing practices in an Agile environment
• Excellent team working skills
• Fluent English. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including techniques to persuade and negotiate and the ability to articulate alternative approaches
• Exceptional attention to detail
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
• Experience with IBM Security Suite, including IAM and Gaurdium
• Experience with host and network intrusion detection products and technologies
• Working knowledge of HIPAA, GDPR and similar compliance requirements
• Candidates must be eligible to apply for a job in Ireland.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please refer to Job Description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Please refer to Job Description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.