IBM Senior DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer in MULHUDDART, Ireland
Ready to change healthcare? IBM Watson Health uses Cognitive Computing to tackle some of healthcare’s most challenging problems. Our objective is to deliver world class analytics and cognitive insights as part of innovative health and human services solutions.
The Watson Health Government Health & Human Services (GovHHS) Solutions group is headquartered in Dublin. Our mission is to develop features and services based on AI technologies for the entire portfolio of Watson GovHHS products. We are a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, architects, designers, product managers, and data scientists, and work very closely with IBM Research to bring novel features and technologies all the way from research into production. This green-field project involves designing and developing cloud-native services providing AI capabilities using Watson technologies for GovHHS Analytics products.
We currently have a number of vacancies for Senior DevOps / Site Reliability Engineers on our GovHHS Analytics project based in Dublin. DevOps Engineers are hybrid systems and software engineers who take ownership for designing, developing, scaling, automation, and software when it is running in production. DevOps Engineers are hybrid systems and software engineers who are take ownership for designing, developing, scaling, and automating, software when it is running in production.
We need you to deliver health care products into the Cloud. We need you to design, develop and deliver our systems through patterns such as demo, development, test, production, sandbox and partner support. You will have and full system view and operational capability, you will be collaborating with stakeholders, you will be creating scripts, you will be triaging and troubleshooting issues. If you are a Developer or Systems specialist with DB2 or ISAM Administrator or Linux expertise who would like to flex your muscles in a new world with proven Operational experience in storage, monitoring and troubleshooting, this is the role for you. This is a great opportunity to join us for this period of growth.
• The DevOps Engineer will work in a multidisciplinary team using agile approaches. They will:
• Lead technical activities, run proof of concepts, take user stories from conception to delivery.
• Be involved in every part of our system; from the earliest stage of product architecture, design and development to deployment, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
• Design new systems and bring them to production - ensure a reliable quality product that can operate in the Cloud.
• Design and build system architecture and enable automatic deployment of systems from network level up to application from developer to Cloud in minutes.
• Keep critical systems operating (identifiy issues and implement solutions).
• Perform RedHat Linux, WebSphere, DB2, ISAM: configuration, installs, automation, recovery, backup, monitoring and have core proven experience in Cloud Operations.
• Mentor junior members of the team to grow capability.
• Potential to participate in periodic on-call rotation.
• Work with and communicate across the wider development team and management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor's Degree (Master’s Degree preferred)
• 4 years experience in a similar role (6 years preferred)
• Proven systems, Linux or DB2, and Java development experience.
• Extensive Experience of any; WebSphere , ISAM, Gateways such as Datapower, APIM, Vyatta
• Proven experience in Cloud Operations with a system view of how applications run on the Cloud
• Awareness of Cloud challenges and knowledge of best practices
• Track record of ensuring reliability, performant, and scalable systems.
• Solid understanding of systems with extensive understanding of middleware and storage.
• Experience of DevOps tooling such as Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack Heat, Urban Code Deploy, Chef, Jenkins, Java.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills with ability to influence across Architects, Developers to Managers and outside your own organisation.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Working knowledge of healthcare data a plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.