Aon Corporation Data Assurance Manager in Ireland
The Aon Centre for Innovation and Analytics
The Aon Centre for Innovation and Analytics (ACIA) provides advanced insurance research, analytics and business intelligence to Aon colleagues and clients globally. Aon, employing 50,000 people in 120 countries, is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
ACIA is leading the development of cloud-based analytics capability for Aon. With a diverse portfolio of projects on the horizon, and a sizeable production estate supporting an already successful business, we are in a critical growth phase and need the best minds in industry to help advance our journey. We now have a Data Assurance Manager position become available in within our ACIA department.
This position reports to the Head of Data Services and is a level 5 on the ACIA Career Framework.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understand that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
About the Role:
- Lead all Data Quality activities for the Centre, taking ownership of issues and responsibility for remidiations.
- Manage a team of Data Analysts in the development, delivery, and on-going support of data products, tools, and services that enable the continuous improvement of Data Quality, leading by example with a hands-on approach.
- Work with Data Architecture, Data Acquisition, Data Engineering, and business teams to align Data Quality initiatives to ACIA strategy, with a strong focus on Data Completeness, Accuracy, Timlieness, and other best practice measures of Data Quality.
- Lead all planning for the Data Quality function, including quality related engagements with data providers, managing staff resourcing, technology adoption, and lifecycle planning.
- Develop a complete data quality delivery roadmap and execute delivery with project & business stakeholders.
- Work with our Data Science and Engineering teams to implement practical Machine Learning solutions to Data Quality issues.
- Ensure highly impactful Data Quality Reporting and other appropriate, regular communications are delivered to a wide audience of stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Establish and adhere to policies, procedures, and best practices for the Data Quality function, in partnership with Data Acquisition, Security, and Compliance functions.
- Oversee the development of high-quality documentation, source control, and other knowledge assets.
- Ensure appropriate change management practices within the team, compliant with governance expectations.
Team management & development:
- You will be responsible for the team strategy, leading, coaching, mentoring and developing a high performing team.
- You will lead the continuous development and training for members of the team, helping them to meet their career goals.
- You will be responsible for the training of junior team members and their progression within the team.
- Proficient in Data Analysis and Remidiation techniques for Data Quality.
- Experienced in relationship management and in leading engagements with senior stakeholders.
- Able to systematically analyse, isolate and diagnose technical issues within large datasets to understand data limitations, improve data quality, and actively lead data quality improvement efforts.
- Confident in mobilising a team towards a common goal, setting clear and realistic expectations, with buy-in from stakeholders.
- Eager to collaborate with technical and wider business colleagues on the delivery of analytics solutions.
- Someone with exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to interact at all levels within a global and diverse organisation.
- An effective decision-maker with an operational outlook and sound balanced judgment
- Flexible to work out of regular working hours, if required.
- Comfortable and composed working in a high-pressure environment to meet deadlines.
- Self-driven, resourceful with ability to prioritise and work independently or in groups.
- Focused on attention to detail and accuracy with strong analytic/diagnostic skills.
- Flexible within the role and display a desire to get involved.
- Familiar with Data Quality Management toolsets, processes and workflows.
- Strong customer management ethos.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Data Analyst, with extensive experience in Data Quality and Team Leadership.
- Extensive experience with SQL, realational database, data warehouse and other data storage, retrieval, modelling, and analysis technologies.
- Data Science and/or statistics experience a plus
- Knowledge of Data Management systems, principles, and practices preferably with experience of DAMA guidelines
- Understanding of industry data privacy concerns, practices and control systems.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban.
- DAMA or similar certification a plus.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Great career opportunities both in Ireland and globally.
- Opportunity to work with talented, motivated colleagues that will support your career growth
- Sport & Social club
- Tea/Coffee and fresh fruit
- City Centre location
Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.